DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Odisha: Mother, child poisoned to death for dowry
A 22-year-old woman and her one-and-a-half-year old daughter were poisoned to death at Govindapur in Ganjam.
Berhampur (Odisha): A 22-year-old woman and her one-and-a-half-year old daughter were poisoned to death at Govindapur in Ganjam district allegedly by her in-laws who were demanding dowry, police said on Wednesday.
The deceased were identified as Sanjeeta Pradhan and her daughter Puja. Her husband Niranjan was away at Surat at the time of the incident on Tuesday night.
Police detained Sanjeeta's mother-in-law and elder bother of the husband in connection with the incident.
Bulu Pradhan, brother of Sanjeeta, has lodged a complaint with the police alleging that his sister was killed by her in-laws demanding more dowry. She was earlier tortured by them, he alleged.
Recommended For You
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Bangladesh vs Pakistan, Champions Trophy Warm-up, Live From Birmingham
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet