Odisha: Mother, child poisoned to death for dowry
A 22-year-old woman and her one-and-a-half-year old daughter were poisoned to death at Govindapur in Ganjam.
Berhampur (Odisha): A 22-year-old woman and her one-and-a-half-year old daughter were poisoned to death at Govindapur in Ganjam district allegedly by her in-laws who were demanding dowry, police said on Wednesday.
The deceased were identified as Sanjeeta Pradhan and her daughter Puja. Her husband Niranjan was away at Surat at the time of the incident on Tuesday night.
Police detained Sanjeeta's mother-in-law and elder bother of the husband in connection with the incident.
Bulu Pradhan, brother of Sanjeeta, has lodged a complaint with the police alleging that his sister was killed by her in-laws demanding more dowry. She was earlier tortured by them, he alleged.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- Rangoon Review: Kangana Shines in This War-Time Romance