Odisha: Bomb made by anti-Posco activists kills 3
The bomb went off when some anti-Posco activists were making explosives to use them against the police.
Paradip: At least three people were killed and another seriously injured when a crude bomb exploded at the Posco site in Patana village in Dhinkia in Odisha's Jagatsinghpur district on Saturday, police said. According to the police, the bombs were being made by anti-Posco activists and they went off while they were being made.
However, Posco Pratirodh Sangram Samiti (PPSS), which is spearheading the protest, denied the charge that the victims were involved in making bombs and claimed that three of its members were killed in an attack by project supporters.
Jagatsinghpur SP Satyabrata Bhoi said, "We have information (regarding death of persons) while making bombs behind the house of one Sura Das in Patana village." The SP, however, said that he was yet to ascertain names of the victims as the police could not reach the place. Patana is considered the stronghold of the anti-Posco agitators and local people were opposed to entry of police in that area.
Denying preparation of bombs by anti-Posco agitators as claimed by police, Posco Pratirodh Sangram Samiti (PPSS) president Abhay Sahy said, "Three of our men are killed in the attack by project supporters. Our people were attacked as they opposed construction of a road from Patana to Balitutha."
CPI leader Rama Krushna Panda, however, claimed that three PPSS activists were killed and another sustained injuries when the project supporters hurled bomb at them. "We have already informed the police about the incident and sought ambulance to carry the injured persons to hospital. But, ambulance is yet to reach the village," Panda alleged.
With additional information from PTI
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi
- Wasn't Honey-trapped, Did Not Leak Defence Secrets, Says Varun Gandhi
- Apple Launch Event on October 27: What to Expect?
- Trump Supporters Hopeful, Think he is the Only Solution to US Ills
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: Andhra Turn Tables on J&K; Himachal Force a Draw Against Tripura
- Donald Trump Says He Will Win General Elections
- Hillary Clinton Says She Will No Longer Respond to Donald Trump