Odisha: Six allegedly rape woman in front of her husband
The accused allegedly gangraped the woman after tying up her husband to a trees on the premises of a district hospital.
Baripada: In a barbaric sexual assault, six men allegedly gangraped a woman after tying up her husband on the premises of a district hospital in Mayurbhanj, Odisha. The 25-year-old tribal woman had gone to the hospital on Sunday along with her husband to see her ailing brother, who was admitted to the hospital following an accident, police said on Monday.
In the evening, six men started harassing her. As her husband protested, he was overpowered by the accused who tied him to a tree and gangraped the woman in front of him, sources said. After the rape survivor lodged an FIR, the police arrested all the six accused and sent them for medical examination.
The arrested persons are identified as Kundan Mukhi (33) of Baripada Town, Raghu Biswal (19), Gopi Mukhi (19), Balaram Mukhi (27), Sibaram Ghadei (20), and Chandan Mukhi (20) of Sungadia in Baripada. Protesting against the incident, the Jharkhand Mukti Morcha staged a demonstration at the district collectorate and demanded Rs 50 lakh compensation to the victim and trial of the case in first track court on daily basis.
- Karan Johar Vs MNS: CM Fadnavis Turns Peacemaker
- Watch: India @9 With Bhupendra Chaubey
- SP Old Guard Meet Akhilesh Yadav, Bid to Defuse 'Explosive' Situation
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Islamic State Using Civilians as Human Shields Against Iraqi Troops: UN Official
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals