Odisha: Student commits suicide after parents failure to pay for picnic
Balaram Nayak (12) allegedly committed suicide by hanging in the house at Gobara under Gangapur police station limit.
Berhampur: A class seven student of an upper primary school in Odisha's Ganjam district allegedly committed suicide due to his parent's failure to pay contribution for his school picnic, police said on Monday. Balaram Nayak (12) allegedly committed suicide by hanging in the house at Gobara under Gangapur police station limit, about 70-km from Berhampur after returning from the school on Saturday as his parents could not pay the required money for the picnic, they said.
He was taken to the hospital immediately by the villagers, where the doctor declared him brought dead. The boy's father Santosh Nayak, a daily labourer, was away for work and mother had gone to forest to collect forest products, when their son took the extreme step, police said.
Ganjam district Collector Krishan Kumar said the Head master of the school was placed under suspension after the incident. Preliminary inquiry said the student committed suicide as he could not pay the donation for the picnic.
Collection of donation in any form was illegal as per the Right to Education Act, an officer said.
- Donald Trump's Daughter Ivanka to Celebrate Diwali at Hindu Temple in Virginia
- Clinton Campaign Ponders 'What If' Trump Doesn't Concede
- Facebook Employees Try to Remove Trump's Controversial Posts, Zuckerberg Calls it Inappropriate
- Hillary Clinton's Win Would Result in Spread of ISIS: Donald Trump
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Raj Thackeray Claims Victory, Rs 5 Cr Penance For Producers Employing Pak Artistes
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor
- Ranbir Kapoor, Anushka Sharma Explain Why Working With Karan Johar is Special