Odisha to include disabled persons under MGNREGA and NRLM
The proposal for issuing job cards to the differently abled persons was also discussed at the meeting.
Bhubaneswar: After including persons with 75 per cent disability in the subsidised Rice for Differently Abled Persons (RDP) scheme, Odisha government has decided to provide jobs to them under MGNREGA and NRLM programmes. This has been resolved at a high level meeting chaired by Chief Secretary BK Patnaik, official sources said on February 5.
The chief secretary has directed the women and child development and panchayati raj departments to find out provisions to include disabled persons in MGNREGA and NRLM (National Rural Livelihood Mission) scheme.
The proposal for issuing job cards to the differently abled persons was also discussed at the meeting. Patnaik asked the officials to work out the modalities and norms for such inclusion. WCD department has also been advised to examine the permissible relaxation for formation of SHG (self help group) of differently-able persons.
People with 75 per cent disbility were being provided with 10 kgs of rice at Rs 2per kg per month. As per 2001 census there are near about 10 lakh differently-abled persons in the state with various degree of disability, they said.
From among them, till now 75,459 persons having 75 per cent or more disability level have been identified and included in the Rice for Differently able Persons (RDP) scheme, they said adding Ganjam has recorded the highest number of such beneficiaries with inclusion of 9,058 persons followed by Balasore with inclusion of 7,922 persons and Cuttack with inclusion of 4609 persons. Each month 744.59 mt. of rice is being allocated for distribution among these beneficiaries.
- Missing Home This Diwali? 7 Movies to Make You Feel Closer to Your Loved Ones
- Twitter to Launch Diwali Emoji, Will Be Available Starting 28 Oct
- Did you tweet with #HappDiwali? Find yourself in Twitter's after-Diwali diya mosaic
- WATCH: Manchester United, Arsenal wish their fans in India a Happy Diwali
- PM Modi's Sandesh2Soldiers Drive Draws Over 10 Lakh Messages
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans