DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Odisha: Woman allegedly axed to death by husband
Domestic quarrel over some petty issue lead to altercation between the two.
Jajpur: A 40-year-old woman was axed to death allegedly by her husband at Sundarpur Harijan Sahi, about 45 km from Jajpur, on Tuesday evening police said. The incident took place at their home in presence of the three children. Domestic quarrel over some petty issue lead to altercation between the two.
Husband Purna Chandra Mallick allegedly lost control and killed his wife Juli Mallick on the spot with an axe, police said. After the incident the accused husband guarded her body till the police come.
Hearing screaming of the children for help, the neighbours rushed to the spot and informed the police. The police arrested the accused and seized the weapon used in the crime, Dharmasala Inspector in-charge Suvendu Kumar Sinha said.
Family feud is said to the the cause of the murder. Police have seized the body and would send it for post-mortem on Wednesday to district headquarter hospital at Jajpur.
Recommended For You
- Reason For Aleem Dar's New Look Revealed
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions