DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Odisha: Women attack liquor shop in Kendrapara
The Sub Divisional Police Officer said the agitators tried to ransack the shop but police stopped them.
Kendrapara (Odisha): Grudging over growing alcoholism among local youths, a group of women attacked a liquor shop at Choudkulat in Kendrapara district, police said on Thursday. The women picketed in front of the shop and attacked it before police reached the area and controlled them on Wednesday.
"We have drawn the attention of the district administration and sought closure of the shop located close to schools and a temple. However, the officials did not take note of our grievances," said a protesting woman Lovabati Mohanty.
Sub Divisional Police Officer, Rama Chandra Goud said the agitators tried to ransack the shop but police stopped them on time.
"As the IMFL retail shop was an authorised unit, it is legally not possible to close the shop. The matter has been referred to the district collector, who is empowered to either withdraw or suspend the IMFL trade license," said Excise Inspector, Goutam Swain.
"Women in many parts of the district have launched a drive to close liquor shops. On genuine demand, the administration would shift authorised liquor shops to outside village areas," said Additional District Magistrate Ashok Kumar Panda.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- England vs South Africa Live Score: Morris Sends Back Buttler
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes