Official Suspended For Posting 'Objectionable' Image of PM Modi on WhatsApp
A panchayat official has been suspended and the manager of a college booked for allegedly posting objectionable pictures of Prime Minister Modi in separate WhatsApp groups.
File image of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. (Image: PTI)
Bareilly (UP): A panchayat official has been suspended and the manager of a college booked for allegedly posting objectionable pictures of Prime Minister Modi in separate WhatsApp groups.
Panchayati Raj Department official Hifazat Ullah Khan was suspended after he posted an objectionable picture of Modi on a WhatsApp group managed by the sub-divisional magistrate (SDM), a senior official said on Wednesday.
Khan, who was posted at Bahedi panchayat, had been served a show-cause notice and his response was not satisfactory after which he was suspended, the official said.
In a similar incident, a college manager, Hariom Singh, was booked for circulating an objectionable picture of Modi on WhatsApp.
A case has been registered against Singh based on a complaint filed by BJP's district president Ravindra Singh Rathore at Faridpur kotwali police station and investigation into the matter is on, a police officer said.
Recommended For You
- Sri Lanka vs India Preview: Under-scrutiny Kohli And India Take on Struggling Hosts
- Ralang Road Director Talks About the Film, Depiction of Minorities And More
- ICW 2017 Day 2: Disha Patani Turns Showstopper For Manav Gangwani
- 'Traditional Yet Contemporary,' Say Falguni & Shane About Their Upcoming Collection
- Sachin, Sehwag, Big B & SRK Join Hands to Applaud Mithali Raj & Co