Official Suspended For Posting 'Objectionable' Image of PM Modi on WhatsApp
A panchayat official has been suspended and the manager of a college booked for allegedly posting objectionable pictures of Prime Minister Modi in separate WhatsApp groups.
File image of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. (Image: PTI)
Bareilly (UP): A panchayat official has been suspended and the manager of a college booked for allegedly posting objectionable pictures of Prime Minister Modi in separate WhatsApp groups.
Panchayati Raj Department official Hifazat Ullah Khan was suspended after he posted an objectionable picture of Modi on a WhatsApp group managed by the sub-divisional magistrate (SDM), a senior official said on Wednesday.
Khan, who was posted at Bahedi panchayat, had been served a show-cause notice and his response was not satisfactory after which he was suspended, the official said.
In a similar incident, a college manager, Hariom Singh, was booked for circulating an objectionable picture of Modi on WhatsApp.
A case has been registered against Singh based on a complaint filed by BJP's district president Ravindra Singh Rathore at Faridpur kotwali police station and investigation into the matter is on, a police officer said.
Recommended For You
- These Photos Of Priyanka Chopra's Latest Lookalike Are Breaking The Internet
- Rolls-Royce Phantom 8th-Generation Launched at Rs 9.50 Crore in India
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5, Note 5 Pro Tips n Tricks: How to Get The Best Out of Your New Android Smartphones
- Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety: Great Entertainer in 'Anti-Women' Genre With No Social Conscience
- Kareena Looks Stunning in a Black Saree as She Attends Bengaluru International Film Festival; See Pics