Official Suspended For Posting 'Objectionable' Image of PM Modi on WhatsApp
A panchayat official has been suspended and the manager of a college booked for allegedly posting objectionable pictures of Prime Minister Modi in separate WhatsApp groups.
File image of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. (Image: PTI)
Bareilly (UP): A panchayat official has been suspended and the manager of a college booked for allegedly posting objectionable pictures of Prime Minister Modi in separate WhatsApp groups.
Panchayati Raj Department official Hifazat Ullah Khan was suspended after he posted an objectionable picture of Modi on a WhatsApp group managed by the sub-divisional magistrate (SDM), a senior official said on Wednesday.
Khan, who was posted at Bahedi panchayat, had been served a show-cause notice and his response was not satisfactory after which he was suspended, the official said.
In a similar incident, a college manager, Hariom Singh, was booked for circulating an objectionable picture of Modi on WhatsApp.
A case has been registered against Singh based on a complaint filed by BJP's district president Ravindra Singh Rathore at Faridpur kotwali police station and investigation into the matter is on, a police officer said.
Recommended For You
- The Ashes 2017: Cricket Australia Sets the Tone With Intense Promotional Video
- All-New Hyundai Verna 2017 – Top 5 Things to Know – Price, Variants & More
- Rohit Sharma Needs Some Magic to Break His Sri Lanka Jinx
- Babumoshai Bandookbaaz Music Review: A More Laidback Soundtrack Than Expected
- I Don't Wish to Die and Abandon my Mother