DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Officials likely to face the heat
HYDERABAD: Former secretary (mines) Y Srilakshmi and former director of mines VD Rajagopal are likely to face the music in the ill..
HYDERABAD: Former secretary (mines) Y Srilakshmi and former director of mines VD Rajagopal are likely to face the music in the illegal mining case being probed by the CBI.There are allegations that the officials had violated norms for notifying regranting of mining leases to the Obulapuram Mining Company. Srilakshmi is currently Commissioner of Health, while Rajagopal has recently retired from service.
The duo were grilled by CBI officials during JanuaryFebruary this year as part of investigation. They were transferred from the mines department by former chief minister K Rosaiah.
The mining area in the reserve forest actually allotted to the OMC is allegedly different from that published in the official gazette during the regrant. In its investigation, the CBI also found that permits had been signed in bulk without onsite verification.
Sources said officials granted licence in a hurry and had allegedly favoured OMC. CBI suspects that there was misrepresentation of the Mining Act while accepting applications and discrepancies in the notification of sketches in the gazette.
Recommended For You
- This Old Picture Of Shah Rukh Khan, Farah Khan and Karan Johar Is Pure Gold
- 'Missing' Chennai-based Model Gaanam Nair Returns Home
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar