Olive Telecom launches India's first 3G tablet
Olive Telecom announced the launch of a new tablet PC. The Olive Pad is touted as India's first 3G tablet PC.
New Delhi: Gurgaon-based Olive Telecom announced the launch of a new tablet PC. The Olive Pad is touted as India's first 3G tablet PC.
The tablet also doubles up as a smartphone that allows users to make voice and video calls.
The Olive Pad runs on Google's Android OS and supports 3.5G HSUPA, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and GPS. The 7" touchscreen device comes with dual cameras (a 3 megapixel rear camera and a VGA front camera) and mini-USB port.
The tablet can be used to browse the Internet, multimedia playback, instant messaging, gaming, turn-by-turn directions, reading e-books and also to watch television.
The Olive Pad is expected to be priced below Rs 25,000 and will be available across India by August.
Apple's hot selling iPad is yet to be officially available in India and Indian brands, such as Olive, are already moving ahead for the first mover's advantage.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Top 5 Controversies Over the Years
- President Trump May Inspire Jimmy Kimmel's Oscars Monologue
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Comedian Bharti Singh All Set to Tie the Knot by the End of 2017
- Ross Taylor Achieves Milestone ODI Century