Olympian Gurmeet wins bronze in 20km walk in Japan
Gurmeet Singh took 1hr 21min 38sec to complete four lap course.
New Delhi: Olympian Gurmeet Singh on Sunday won a bronze medal but Khushbir Kaur had to be content with a fourth-place finish in the Asian 20km Walking Championship, held at Nomi City, Japan. Gurmeet took 1hr 21min 38sec to complete four lap course.
Yusuke Suzuki of host Japan won the gold in one hour 18min 34sec and was followed by China's Li Tianlei, who managed a timing of 1hr 21min 28sec.
In the women's section, India's Khusbir missed the podium with a fourth place finish in 1hr 37min 32sec. Kumi Otoshi of Japan won the title in 1hr 33min 49sec.
Recommended For You
- Porter's Son Thangarasu Natarajan: From Tennis Ball Star to IPL Big Bucks
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)
- Kangana, Shahid Promote Rangoon on TKSS: 5 Laugh Out Loud Moments
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- IPL 2017: Hyderabad Pacer Siraj Says "Want to Take Virat Kohli's Wicket"