Olympic village opens on Sunday morning
Fifteen days to go for the Olympics and China is all geared up to host the mega event.
Beijing: Olympic games are just a fortnight away and China is all geared up to host the mega event.
On Sunday morning the Olympic village, which will be housing 16,000 athletes from across the world, was opened.
The Beijing Olympic Chief Liu Qi handed the Mayor of the Olympic village the key to the village.
The 42 newly built apartment blocks can house 17,000 people in 9,000 rooms. China was the first delegation to take residence by raising its flag at the village.
NBA All-Star Yao Ming and high hurdles world champion Liu Xiang were among the hundred-odd athletes present to witness the event.
Security is one of the key features of the Olympic village. It is enclosed by a wall and two lines of high security fencing.
- Mulayam Vs Akhilesh: Old Values Vs New Thinking
- Mulayam Singh Should Become UP Chief Minister, Urges Shivpal
- Samajwadi Party: From Clear Majority in 2012 to Total Chaos Now
- Akhilesh Yadav Rebuffs Formation Of New Party, Says Will Remain With SP
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor
- Theatre Is a Beautiful Platform, Says Shahid Kapoor
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Aamir Wanted to Play Max in Josh but I Had SRK in Mind: Mansoor Khan