Olympic village opens on Sunday morning
Fifteen days to go for the Olympics and China is all geared up to host the mega event.
Beijing: Olympic games are just a fortnight away and China is all geared up to host the mega event.
On Sunday morning the Olympic village, which will be housing 16,000 athletes from across the world, was opened.
The Beijing Olympic Chief Liu Qi handed the Mayor of the Olympic village the key to the village.
The 42 newly built apartment blocks can house 17,000 people in 9,000 rooms. China was the first delegation to take residence by raising its flag at the village.
NBA All-Star Yao Ming and high hurdles world champion Liu Xiang were among the hundred-odd athletes present to witness the event.
Security is one of the key features of the Olympic village. It is enclosed by a wall and two lines of high security fencing.
Recommended For You
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- Poll: Which Is the Best Vishal Bhardwaj Film Till Date?
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models