Olympics: Hungary win gold in men's K-2 1000m
Rudolf Dombi and Roland Kokeny of Hungary won Olympic gold in the men's 1,000-meter K-2 on Wednesday.
London: Rudolf Dombi and Roland Kokeny of Hungary won Olympic gold in the men's 1,000-meter K-2 on Wednesday, beating their fast-finishing Portuguese rivals in a photo finish.
Dombi and Kokeny became Hungary's first winners of the event by crossing the finish line just five-hundreths of a second ahead of Fernando Pimenta and Emanuel Silva.
Martin Hollstein and Andreas Ihle of Germany took the bronze.
Dombi and Kokeny had struggled to challenge the dominant German pairing until beating them to the European title in Zagreb, Croatia in June. Buoyed by that victory, they had been the quickest qualifiers for the final by nearly four seconds.
It was Portugal's first ever medal in canoe sprint.
- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' Movie Review: First Day, First Show
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham
- PM Narendra Modi to Review Border Situation in CCS Meet
- Post Surgical Strike, PM Modi to Chair Cabinet Committee on Security Meeting
- Surgical Strikes Across LoC an Operational Necessity: Defence Experts
- Scarlett Case: Mother Writes to PM Modi, Wants Fresh Probe