Olympics: Hungary win gold in men's K-2 1000m
Rudolf Dombi and Roland Kokeny of Hungary won Olympic gold in the men's 1,000-meter K-2 on Wednesday.
London: Rudolf Dombi and Roland Kokeny of Hungary won Olympic gold in the men's 1,000-meter K-2 on Wednesday, beating their fast-finishing Portuguese rivals in a photo finish.
Dombi and Kokeny became Hungary's first winners of the event by crossing the finish line just five-hundreths of a second ahead of Fernando Pimenta and Emanuel Silva.
Martin Hollstein and Andreas Ihle of Germany took the bronze.
Dombi and Kokeny had struggled to challenge the dominant German pairing until beating them to the European title in Zagreb, Croatia in June. Buoyed by that victory, they had been the quickest qualifiers for the final by nearly four seconds.
It was Portugal's first ever medal in canoe sprint.
- Celebrate Diwali With Pious And Not With Noise
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Movie Review: Soulfully Acted, It'll Strike a Chord With The Audience
- Hosting a Card Party This Diwali? 5 Easy Snack Ideas to Make Your Preparations Easier
- New Zealand Policemen Dance To Salman Khan's Hit Songs To Celebrate Diwali
- Missing Home This Diwali? 7 Movies to Make You Feel Closer to Your Loved Ones
- Twitter to Launch Diwali Emoji, Will Be Available Starting 28 Oct
- PM Urges Citizens to Send Their Messages to Jawans This Diwali
- Did you tweet with #HappDiwali? Find yourself in Twitter's after-Diwali diya mosaic