Olympics: Linlin wins gold in women's beam
Deng Linlin won another gymnastics gold medal for China on Tuesday, beating her teammate, Sui Lu, in the beam.
London: Deng Linlin won another gymnastics gold medal for China on Tuesday, beating her teammate, Sui Lu, in the beam.
It was China's second gold of the day, following Feng Zhe's title on parallel bars.
Aly Raisman, who missed a medal in the all-around because she was on the short end of the tiebreak rules, was initially fourth. But she questioned her score and judges revised it, giving her an additional .10 in difficulty. That gave her a 15.066, identical to Romania's Catalina Ponor. But Raisman got the bronze because of a higher execution mark.
Gabby Douglas was seventh after a fall. But she finishes the London Olympics with gold medals, including the all-around title, gymnastics' biggest prize.
- 10 Steps India Took Post Uri Terror Attack to Expose and Isolate Pakistan
- India's Claim of Surgical Strikes 'Fabrication of Truth': Pakistan
- Don't Take Our Peaceful Intent for Weakness: Nawaz Sharif
- Indian Army Avenges Uri With Surgical Strikes Across LoC, Pakistan Denies
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager