Olympics opening at 0130 IST on Jul 28
Wrestler Sushil Kumar will lead India's biggest ever contingent of 81 athletes during the march.
London: The much-awaited opening ceremony of the 2012 London Olympics will start from 1:30 a.m. on July 28 IST and will run for no more than three hours.
British director Danny Boyle, of Slumdog Millionaire fame, and another famed director Stephen Daldry have conceptualised the opening ceremony.
The ceremony, which has been shrouded in secrecy, has been named the "Isle of Wonder". The name has been inspired by William Shakespeare's The Tempest.
The Big Ben, famous clock tower, will sound the start of the opening ceremony of the Games.
According to reports, Beatles' Paul McCartney will be performing with Bruce Springsteen at a pre-ceremony event. British actor Daniel Craig, best known for his role as James Bond, is also likely to feature in the opening ceremony.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Salman Khan's Rumoured Girlfriend Iulia Vantur Sings His Songs at an Event
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It