Olympics: Paes-Sania quarter-final postponed
Paes and Sania were behind 7-5, 3-2 when the play was adjourned for the day.
India's mixed doubles quarterfinal match between Leander Peas/Sania Mirza and Belaruss' Max Mirnyi/Victoria Azarenka was postponed for Saturday due to bad light.
Paes and Sania were behind 7-5, 3-2 when the play was adjourned for the day. Paes-Mirza held their serve till the 10th game of the first set and their serve was broken in the 12th game which Mirnyi-Azarenka won to wrap up the first set.
Once the second set commenced, the Indian pair broke their Belarusian opponents in the third game but the top seeded pair broke back immediately to level the proceedings.
When match was stopped due to bad light, the score was 3-2 in favour of the Belarussian duo and the Indian pair were supposed to serve
Paes, who is India's 1996 singles bronze medallist, and Sania are now India's only medal hope from Olympic tennis as India's campaign in men's singles and doubles and women's doubles is over.
(With inputs from PTI)
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Top 5 Controversies Over the Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Ironman Turns 'Ultraman': Milind Soman Races 517 kms Barefoot
- Two-Minute Silence For Ranveer's Appearance at Shahid's Pre-birthday Party
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More