Olympics: Spain's Alabau wins windsurfing gold
Marina Alabau of Spain won the Olympic gold medal in women's windsurfing on Tuesday.
London: Marina Alabau of Spain won the Olympic gold medal in women's windsurfing on Tuesday in the discipline's final race in the games.
Alabau came into the medals race with a 14-point lead and preserved it by finishing first.
Windsurfing got the heave-ho from the lineup for the 2016 Rio Olympics in a vote in May, replaced by kiteboarding. The International RS:X Class Association filed a legal challenge last week against the International Sailing Federation.
Tuuli Petaja of Finland jumped from third place overall to take the silver medal thanks to a fourth-place finish in the medals race. Poland's Zofia Noceti-Klepacka jumped from fifth overall to take the bronze by finishing third.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Lionel Messi on Target as Barcelona Edge Atletico Madrid
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion