Olympics: Spain's Alabau wins windsurfing gold
Marina Alabau of Spain won the Olympic gold medal in women's windsurfing on Tuesday.
London: Marina Alabau of Spain won the Olympic gold medal in women's windsurfing on Tuesday in the discipline's final race in the games.
Alabau came into the medals race with a 14-point lead and preserved it by finishing first.
Windsurfing got the heave-ho from the lineup for the 2016 Rio Olympics in a vote in May, replaced by kiteboarding. The International RS:X Class Association filed a legal challenge last week against the International Sailing Federation.
Tuuli Petaja of Finland jumped from third place overall to take the silver medal thanks to a fourth-place finish in the medals race. Poland's Zofia Noceti-Klepacka jumped from fifth overall to take the bronze by finishing third.
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- Lukewarm Response to Second India-NZ Test at Eden Gardens
- Amit Mishra Toils Hard in Optional Practice Session
- SpaceX Chief Elon Musk Unveils Plans That Could Take Humans to Mars Very Soon
- Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain Alleges BJP Conspiracy Behind Income Tax Notice
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk Promises 'Fun' Trip to Mars Colony
- Visitors Banned from Taking Photo, Video of Parliament House Complex