Olympics: Triple-jumper Renjith crashes out
Renjith Maheshwary failed to qualify for the finals with a foul jump on all his three attempts.
London: India's triple-jumper Renjith Maheshwary crashed out of the London Olympics, failing to qualify for the finals with a 'No Mark' at the Olympic Stadium here Tuesday.
Renjith, India's sole male representative in the event, was shown the red flag in all three of his attempts as he each time over-stepped his take-off. The Indian was the only contestant in the event not to register a jump.
Renjith, thereby, failed to make even a single mark and finished last in the event. Benjamin Compaore of France topped the qualification list with a jump of 17.06 metres.
Mayookha Johny, India's sole woman triple-jumper, too failed to qualify for the finals on Friday. She finished a dismal 22nd overall with a best effort of 13.77 metres, which she got in her first attempt.
Recommended For You
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology