DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Bollywood actor Om Puri booked for assaulting his wife Nandita
According to police, the actor assaulted his wife Nandita with a stick on Thursday night.
Mumbai: Critically acclaimed Bollywood actor Om Puri has been booked for allegedly assaulting his wife at his apartment in suburban Andheri, police said on Monday. "Om Puri's wife Nandita Puri approached us on Thursday night with a complaint against her husband. She complained that her husband Om Puri assaulted her with a wooden stick after which we registered an FIR against him," said Senior Inspector Harishchandra Parmale, Versova police station.
The 62-year-old actor has been booked under Section 324 (punishment for causing hurt by dangerous means), Section 504 (Intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of the peace) and Section 506 (criminal intimidation) of the Indian
Penal Code and was declared absconding in the case, he said.
According to police, the duo began arguing about the maintenance of their flat in Trushil Building at Seven Bungalows in Andheri's Versova area, after which the enraged actor allegedly assaulted Nandita with a stick on Thursday night at about 9.00 PM.
Nandita reached the Versova police station by 11.30 PM on Thursday and lodged a complaint, the officer said.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere