Om Puri in fresh trouble for insulting journalists
The Pink City Press Club has demanded an apology from the Bollywood actor.
Jaipur: Film actor Om Puri waded into fresh trouble on Tuesday as he allegedly made an "insulting" remark against journalists prompting the Pink City Press Club to seek an apology from him.
The actor made the remark while talking about the manner in which a journalist presented his views when he was in Delhi in August 2011 to attend Anna Hazare's strike.
Recalling the incident, Puri said he was conversing with a journalist about Hazare and his crusade but the journalist presented his views in a wrong manner. He then used the word 'Kambakht' (an Urdu word expressing annoyance) to refer to reporters.
The actor was in the city to attend a workshop held by the Fine Arts Department of the Rajasthan University.
Reacting to the remarks, president of the Pink City Press Club Kishore Sharma has demanded an apology from the actor.
"This is an insulting remark and we demand an apology from Om Puri. If he does not tender an apology, we will boycott his programmes in Jaipur," Sharma said.
The Bollywood veteran was in trouble in August 2011 when he resorted to abusive language to describe politicians and MPs while addressing the gathering at Delhi's Ramlila ground where Hazare was on fast. He had to tender an apology later.
- BSF Says 7 Pakistani Rangers, Terrorist Killed Along Jammu Border, Pak Denies
- Islamic State Has Seized 550 Iraqi Families to Use as Human Shields, Says UN
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Islamic State Retaliates as Iraqi Forces Push on Mosul
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Death of 15 Birds in Gwalior Zoo Rings Alarm Bells
- Debit Card Fraud: Jaitley Seeks Report, Says Aim is to Contain Damage
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18