DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Om Shanti Om: Manoj Kumar to file lawsuit against SRK
Manoj Kumar will seek damages to the tune of Rs 100 crore for releasing the film in Japan without removing scenes.
Mumbai: Veteran actor Manoj Kumar will file a law suit against Shah Rukh Khan and Eros International, producers of 2007 hit 'Om Shanti Om', and seek damages to the tune of Rs 100 crore for releasing the film in Japan without removing certain scenes apparently lampooning him.
"The film was released in Japan without deleting those scenes. I had forgiven them twice but not this time. They have disrespected me. They also face contempt of court as in 2008 the court had asked them to forever and from all prints and broadcast material, delete those scenes," Kumar told PTI
"I would file civil and criminal proceedings against the producers (Shah Rukh Khan and Eros International) tomorrow for seeking damages to the tune of Rs 100 crore for showing 'Om Shanti Om' in Japan without removing objectionable scenes as ordered by Mumbai civil court in 2008", he said.
'Om Shanti Om', a 2007 musical romcom had Shahrukh Khan and Deepika Padukone in the lead. It was produced by Shah Rukh Khan and Eros International and directed by Farah Khan.
The veteran actor was upset with the spoof on him and had got a court order asking the objectionable scenes to be deleted before the satellite screening. Eros International did not respond to calls.
Recommended For You
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Champions Trophy 2017: Yuvraj Singh to Miss Warm-Up Tie Against New Zealand
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet