Metallic object found on board, plane cordoned off
An emergency landing was made after a suspicious object was found on board.
Mumbai: A Chennai-bound Oman Air flight was cordoned off at the Mumbai airport on Monday after it made an emergency landing after a crew member found a suspicious metallic object on board.
The captain contacted Mumbai airport after the matter was reported to him.
The aircraft was taken to a remote bay for security inspection after all 140 passengers on board were asked to disembark.
The bomb disposal squad and other security personnel carried out checks on the aircraft, said an official of the Central Industrial Security Force.
A thorough inspection of the aircraft is being carried out by security agencies, the authorities said.
(With inputs from PTI)
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Malayalam Actor Prithiviraj Writes Powerful Post Apologising for Misogyny in Films
- Oscars 2017: Why Dev Patel Deserves to Win for Lion