Metallic object found on board, plane cordoned off
An emergency landing was made after a suspicious object was found on board.
Mumbai: A Chennai-bound Oman Air flight was cordoned off at the Mumbai airport on Monday after it made an emergency landing after a crew member found a suspicious metallic object on board.
The captain contacted Mumbai airport after the matter was reported to him.
The aircraft was taken to a remote bay for security inspection after all 140 passengers on board were asked to disembark.
The bomb disposal squad and other security personnel carried out checks on the aircraft, said an official of the Central Industrial Security Force.
A thorough inspection of the aircraft is being carried out by security agencies, the authorities said.
(With inputs from PTI)
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 9: Luxury Budget Task BB Laundry Creates Havoc In The House
- Watch: The News That Wasn't With Cyrus Broacha
- Tata Sons Appoints Ralf Speth, N Chandrasekaran on Board
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Salman Khan's Bodyguard Shera Faces Assault Charges in Mumbai
- Donald Trump's Daughter-in-Law Celebrates Diwali at Hindu Temple in US
- Donald Trump Says Would Probe Email Investigation of Hillary Clinton
- Clinton Policy on Syria Would Lead to World War Three: Donald Trump