Omar government again seeks return of Afzal's body
Guru was hanged and buried in Delhi's Tihar. Since then parties in Jammu and Kashmir have been seeking the handing over of his body to his kin.
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Tuesday again demanded the return of parliament attack convict Afzal Guru's body to his family.
Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Mir Saifullah said the mortal remains of Guru must be handed over to his family. "That's our stand."
He said this in the assembly when some members, including National Conference legislator Nasir Aslam Wani and independent member Abdul Rashid Engineer, raised the issue.
The two asked Speaker Mubarak Gul why their resolutions on the return of Guru's body were rejected.
Guru was hanged and buried in Delhi's Tihar jail Febuary 9, 2013. Since then political parties in Jammu and Kashmir have been seeking the handing over of his body to his kin.
- Not Easy for Off-Colour Martin Guptill to be Aggressive in Subcontinent: Anil Kumble
- Cricket Association of Bengal Installs Bell at Eden Gardens Ahead of Second Test
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- Lukewarm Response to Second India-NZ Test at Eden Gardens
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Parched Cast takes our Movie Quiz and It's Funny
- Parched Movie Review: Nuanced Performances, Heartfelt Storytelling Make It a Must Watch
- Parched Trailer Gives Closer Look at Rajasthani Rural Womanhood