Omar government again seeks return of Afzal's body
Guru was hanged and buried in Delhi's Tihar. Since then parties in Jammu and Kashmir have been seeking the handing over of his body to his kin.
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Tuesday again demanded the return of parliament attack convict Afzal Guru's body to his family.
Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Mir Saifullah said the mortal remains of Guru must be handed over to his family. "That's our stand."
He said this in the assembly when some members, including National Conference legislator Nasir Aslam Wani and independent member Abdul Rashid Engineer, raised the issue.
The two asked Speaker Mubarak Gul why their resolutions on the return of Guru's body were rejected.
Guru was hanged and buried in Delhi's Tihar jail Febuary 9, 2013. Since then political parties in Jammu and Kashmir have been seeking the handing over of his body to his kin.
Recommended For You
- #TrendingMaisie Williams Topless Pictures Leaked Online; Aren't Explicit Says Rep
- Birthday Surprise!Rani Mukerji Shares A Picture Of Daughter Adira On Her First Birthday
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- It's Here!Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer is Everything We Hoped For
- FunnyThis Video Of A Pakistani News Anchor Warning PM Modi Will Crack You Up