'OMG' director to rope in Sonakshi for his next?
Umesh Shukla, director of 'OMG', has been approached to helm a family drama with Sonakshi Sinha in the lead.
Mumbai: Umesh Shukla, director of 'OMG - Oh My God!', has been approached to helm a family drama with actress Sonakshi Sinha in the lead. "Talks are on, but nothing is official right now. I have not signed it yet. I am developing a script right now and I am looking forward to it," Shukla told IANS.
Sonakshi is the daughter of veteran actor Shatrughan Sinha and actress Poonam Sinha. Shukla says he has been approached by the Sinha family's banner for the movie.
"Sonakhi did an item number for my film 'OMG - Oh My God!' and we are very good friends. I share a very good relationship with her family. Sonakshi will play the lead in my film for sure," he added.
Shukla says the project will be 'a family drama and issue-based'.
"They approached me to make a film for them and they are looking for some good content. It will be a light-hearted project," he added.
But considering that Sonakshi's brother Luv too is an actor, roping in the entire Sinha family is not on Shukla's mind.
"I will not do that (rope in all family members). It all depends on the script. Just to get the family together, I will not cast them. It should justify the role. So let's see how things fall in place," he said.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology