One arrested for property dealer's murder in Delhi
Khaleel Ahmed, a criminal-turned-property dealer, was shot dead, while an associate of his was injured at their office in the Lahori Gate area of central Delhi.
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Sunday arrested a man in connection with the murder of a property dealer, who was shot dead in his office on Thursday, a police officer said. "Rishi Gupta, 30, was arrested near the Shahadra Metro station Sunday morning. He had come there to meet a friend," Additional Commissioner of Police Ravindra Yadav said.
Two pistols and live cartridges have been recovered from Gupta's possession, Yadav added. Khaleel Ahmed, a criminal-turned-property dealer, was shot dead, while an associate of his was injured at their office in the Lahori Gate area of central Delhi. According to police, Ahmed had been involved in more than 45 criminal cases.
Yadav said that one Mobin Sabbir, a former associate of Ahmed, had hatched a conspiracy along with Gupta to eliminate the property dealer. The duo borrowed a car from a friend and went to Ahmed's office aiming to kill him. While Gupta sat inside the car, it was Sabbir who carried out the shooting, the officer added.
A hunt has been launched to nab Sabbir.
- Pakistan Will Pay Heavy Price if it Attacks our Troops: BSF Official
- 2nd Test: Pakistan Build Commanding Lead Over West Indies
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: India Prevail 3-2 in Pacy Encounter vs Pakistan
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: Andhra Turn Tables on J&K; Himachal Force a Draw Against Tripura
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016: Coach Dedicates Title Win to Uri Martyrs
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital