One can't copy Madhuri Dixit, says Chitrangada
Chitrangada is looking forward to her next release 'I Me Aur Main' with John Abraham, and 'Kaam' with Arjun Rampal.
Mumbai: Actress Chitrangada Singh, who will be seen in her first item song in Akshay Kumar starrer 'Joker', says that although the track bears some similarity to Madhuri Dixit's famous number 'Humko Aaj Kal Hai', she is not
looking to repeat the act.
"I remember when Farah Khan offered me 'Kaaffirana'... I had asked her what the song is all about, the concept and what look will I have. She just told me it will be kind of similar to Madhuri's look in 'Humko Aaj Kal Hai'. She had said we will try and get the same look," Chitrangada told reporters here.
"But then that is Madhuri -- you can't do a Madhuri. You can only try, so we have tried to something like that," she said.
Madhuri's song had been choreographed by Saroj Khan.
"The hair style and the clothes for this song are somewhat similar to 'Humko Aaj Kal Hai'. I had a great time dancing but unfortunately I did not get much time to rehearse. We did as much as we could. I must say it is choreographed beautifully by Farah," Chitrangada said.
The actress is looking forward to her next release 'I Me Aur Main' opposite John Abraham, and 'Kaam' with Arjun Rampal, directed by Sudhir Mishra.
"We finished shooting for 'Kaam', it is a love story. It is set against the backdrop of sexual exploitation. The movie is set in an ad agency."
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Digvijay Favours Dialogue With Pakistan, Insists Artists to Work in Cross Border Films
- AASU Threatens to Foil BJP's Move to Extend Citizenship to Minority Communities From Pak, Bangladesh
- 2nd Test: West Indies Crumble After Misbah-ul-Haq's Near Miss
- Donald Trump's Daughter, Ivanka, to Celebrate Diwali at Hindu Temple