Assam: Poachers kill rhino at Kaziranga National Park
The incident took place even as additional forces of security personnel have been deployed in the national park to keep check on poachers.
New Delhi: A bullet ridden body of a Rhinoceros with its horn removed has been found at the Kaziranga National Park in Assam.
A patrolling party found the body in the wee hours on Sunday near Borhola forest camp under Burapahar forest range. Forest officials recovered shells of bullets of AK-47 and 303 rifles used to kill the animal.
The incident took place even as additional forces of security personnel have been deployed in the national park to keep check on poachers. Recently, Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi had asked for a CBI inquiry into rhino killing incidents.
Two-thirds of the world's famed one-horned rhinoceroses live at the Kaziranga National Park.
Recommended For You
- #TheTechAndAutoShowThe Tech and Auto Show: OnePlus 3T Vs OnePlus 3, Toyota Prius And More
- Source Advisorkhoj#FutureIsCashless, But Your Money Should Grow Too!
- Birthday SpecialDilip Kumar Birthday Special: 10 Memorable Films by the Actor
- CAPTAIN MARVELVirat Kohli: The Milestone Man
- MR CONSISTENTVirat Kohli Retains Second Spot In ICC ODI Rankings