DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
One injured in Kashmir protests over Afzal hanging
3 persons were killed and over 50 others were injured in clashes between protesters and law enforcing agencies.
Srinagar: One person was injured on February 12 as fresh protests broke out in Kashmir against the hanging of Parliament attack convict Mohammad Afzal Guru, officials said.
Muzamil Rather was hit in the eye by a pellet fired by security forces chasing a group of stone-pelting protesters in Sheeri area of north Kashmir's Baramulla district, they said. Rather was shifted to SMHS hospital here, the officials
The doctors at the hospital said Rather has suffered extensive damage to his left eye and might lose its sight. Although minor clashes were reported from several areas in north Kashmir, the situation across the Valley was overall
peaceful, officials said.
Three persons were killed and over 50 others, including 23 policemen, were injured in clashes between protesters and law enforcing agencies in the wake of Afzal's hanging on February 12.
Recommended For You
- Sachin - A Billion Dreams: Tendulkar's life Brought to Silver Screen
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO