Stray Bullet Kills 6-year-old During J&K Encounter; 3 Militants Gunned Down
Srinagar: A six-year-old was killed when she was hit by a 'stray bullet' fired during an encounter between security forces and militants in Kupwara district of Kashmir on Wednesday. Three militants were gunned down during the encounter and a policeman was injured.
“The girl’s house was 100 metres from the encounter site in Hyhama village. She girl was in front of her house when she was hit by the bullet,” IG Kashmir Javed Gilani told CNN-News18.
Security forces launched a cordon and search operation (CASO) in Kalaroos village of the district on Wednesday morning following specific intelligence inputs about the presence of militants in the area, a police official said.
He said as the forces were conducting the operation, the hiding militants fired upon them, triggering an encounter in which three militants were killed.
"The identity of the slain militants is yet to be ascertained," he said.
During the initial gunfight, a policeman was injured, the official said, adding the injured cop has been taken to a hospital for treatment.
Recommended For You
- Ravindra Jadeja Gives it Back Royally to Matthew Wade
- Hyundai Elantra Review: The Korean Plan To Kill German Cars In India
- Kapil Sharma Breaks Down While Filming His Show
- Avail Lowest Fares With AirAsia To Travel Across Asia and Australia
- Sapna Bhavnani-Bani J's 'Kissing' Photo Has Set The Internet On Fire