One person arrested in UP gangrape case
The 17-year-old girl was abducted and gangraped by four youths on the night of January 14 and later, set on fire.
Fatehpur: One person was arrested on Monday for allegedly raping a teenage girl and setting her afire along with three others in Khekheru area here, police said. One Majid has been arrested by the police in this case, Superintendent of Police, Amit Pathak said.
The incident took place on January 14 night when a 17-year old girl was abducted by four youths - Nadeem, Naeem, Majid and Rakesh - who allegedly raped her, they said.
Later, they set the girl afire and fled from the scene after which villagers admitted the girl to the hospital, where her condition is stated to be critical.
The police is trying to nab other accused.
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- India Jumps 16 Places in Global Competitiveness Index
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Indus Water Treaty: India Can't Unilaterally Separate Itself, Says Sharif
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Pakistan Capable of Meeting Any Threat: Nawaz Sharif
- Collapse of SAARC Summit Unfortunate, Says Mehbooba Mufti