One terrorist killed, one arrested in Kashmir
The identity and affiliation of the slain terrorist was not known as the operation was still in progress.
Srinagar: A terrorist was on Saturday killed in an encounter with security forces in Baramulla district, while another arrested from Budgam district in Kashmir Valley.
An encounter broke out between security personnel and terrorists at Shalimar Colony of Sopore town, 55 kms from Srinagar, in Baramulla on Saturday evening resulting in the killing of one terrorist, a defence spokesman said in Srinagar.
The identity and group affiliation of the slain terrorist was not immediately known as the operation is still in progress, he said.
In an another operation in Narbal area of Budgam district, 15 kms from Srinagar, security forces arrested a Hizbul terrorist, official sources said.
A pistol and some ammunition were recovered from his possession, they added.
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- Force 2 Poster: John Abraham Returns as a Tough, Intense Cop
- Philippine Leader Takes Thinly Veiled Dig at US
- India's oil imports from Saudi Arabia and Iraq hit the highest in more than a decade
- Not Easy for Off-Colour Martin Guptill to be Aggressive in Subcontinent: Anil Kumble
- Cricket Association of Bengal Installs Bell at Eden Gardens Ahead of Second Test
- Prune the Grass Please, Indian Team Management Tells Eden Officials
- Lukewarm Response to Second India-NZ Test at Eden Gardens