DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
One year of the Dhoni-Sakshi innings
Mahendra Singh Dhoni broke a million hearts when he married childhood friend Sakshi a year ago on July 4.
New Delhi: Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni broke a million hearts when he married childhood friend Sakshi Singh Rawat a year ago on July 4, 2010 in a private ceremony attended only by family members and close friends.
On Monday, Dhoni celebrates his first wedding anniversary with his wife, a hotel management student.
A year ago, the wedding at the picturesque Vishranti Resorts at Bidhauli, about 25km from Dehra Dun, was strictly a private affair with only 50-60 close relatives from both the families of the bride and the groom, along with few of Dhoni's India team-mates, attending.
The wedding at the luxury resort had its share of glamour as Dhoni's friend John Abraham and director-choreographer Farah Khan attended the ceremony.
Dhoni and Sakshi, who hails from Aurangabad, had been school friends at DAV, Shamily in Ranchi.
Under his captaincy, India won the 2007 ICC World Cup Twenty20, CB Series of 200708, the Border-Gavaskar trophy 2008 beating Australia 20 and most importantly the World Cup. Sakshi was seen hugging her husband at the prize distribution and media event post the monumental victory.
Recommended For You
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Vinod Kambli Shares Age-old Picture With Sachin Tendulkar
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan