Online PF account details from July 1
EPFO plans to replace PF account number with unique identification number.
Kolkata: The Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) on Wednesday said account details would be available online from July 1.
"You can watch the account balance of your PF online from July 1," Assistant PF Commissioner Kanchan Roy said at an interactive session at Bengal National Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
"This indeed would be a great help to about 5 crore PF subscribers in India," he said.
EPFO plans to replace PF account number with unique identification number, a move which will help in speedy transfer of a subscribers' funds in case of job change and allow them to track their accounts online.
The replacement of PF account number with the UID number will be done after inter-connecting all regional and sub offices of the EPFO by March, 2012.
- Rupee Good Run Continues, Gains 3 Paise Against Dollar
- Uran Terror Scare: Navi Mumbai Cops Call Off Search Operation
- Navy Calls off Search Operations in URAN; ATS, Police Continue the Hunt
- Police Release Sketch of Suspects Based on School Children's Description
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Sam Allardyce Fights to Save England Job After Newspaper Sting