Oops! Shatrughan calls Rani...Rani Chopra
Actor Shatrughan Sinha made a major blooper at the unveiling of late filmmaker Yash Chopra's statue on Monday.
Mumbai: Veteran actor Shatrughan Sinha made a major blooper at the unveiling of late filmmaker Yash Chopra's statue Monday, when he referred to Rani Mukerji as Rani Chopra! It is likely to spark fresh rumours about the actress's current relationship status with Yash Raj Films (YRF) scion Aditya Chopra.
While mentioning the entire Chopra family during a speech, Shatrughan said: "Yash Chopra, Pamela Chopra, Uday Chopra, Rani... just now my wife said I missed out on Aditya Chopra. Rani Chopra ka naam liye hai toh zahir se baat hai Aditya Chopra ka naam bhi... (When I am taking Rani Chopra's name, then it is obvious that I am taking Aditya Chopra's name as well)."
Rani was left 'khamosh' (silent) -- clearly indicated by her immediate gesture of covering her mouth in apparent shock.
Since years, rumours have been rife that the 34-year-old shares a close bond with Aditya Chopra, and that she was the prime reason behind his divorce in 2009. As per other rumours, the duo has already tied the knot in 2012 in a private ceremony.
None of them have either officially confirmed their relationship, or their wedding.
The unveiling of Yash Chopra's statue at the YRF Studios saw many industry members like Poonam Sinha, Poonam Dhillon, Parineeti Chopra, and Prem Chopra in attendance.
Many of them took to the stage to share their experiences with the maverick filmmaker.
When photographers requested Pamela Chopra to pose for a picture alongside the statue with Rani in the same frame, she politely gestured and refused.
- Hillary Clinton Fears Emergence of Nuclear Suicide Bombers From Pakistan
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- We Have the Right To Defend Ourselves: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
- Pakistan Need To Be Taught A Lesson: Venkaiah Naidu
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Sharif Chairs Cabinet Meet Day After Indian Strike on Terror Camps Across LoC
- US Asks Pakistan to Take Action Against Terrorist Outfits
- Indian Army's Surgical Strike Across LoC Was Carefully Measured: Experts