Opera opens mobile app store with Appia
Opera is the world's most used mobile browser controlling 21.2 pc of the market.
Helsinki: Opera Software unveiled a deal with privately held Appia Inc to run a mobile software store for more than 100 million users of mobile browsers of the Norwegian firm.
Opera said in its testing state, the store had more than 15 million users in February, achieving more than 700,000 downloads per day, and establishing it among the top 10 mobile application stores globally.
Since Apple Inc's App Store opened in 2008 and created the market for mobile software sales, dozens of companies have opened their own stores.
The revenue-sharing deal between Opera and Appia, which changed its name from PocketGear last month, lasts three years. The deal doubles Appia's 100 million subscriber base.
Opera is the world's most used mobile browser controlling 21.2 percent of the market in February, according to Web analytics firm StatCounter.
The Opera Mobile App store can be accessed at mobilestore.opera.com
<b>Explore the Opera Mobile Store</b>
<iframe src="http://mobilestore.opera.com/" height="1000px" width="100%" frameBorder ="0" ></iframe>
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models