Oprah Winfrey voted as the most influential celebrity for 2013
Winfrey has topped the category even after her popular TV show 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' ended two years ago.
New York: Talk show queen Oprah Winfrey has been voted the most influential celebrity for 2013 by Forbes magazine.
Winfrey has topped the category even after her popular TV show "The Oprah Winfrey Show", which made her a household name, ended two years ago.
Though Winfrey's percentage is down by 1 per cent from last year, she managed to garner 48 per cent of the votes to top the chart.
Winfrey's big interview with disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong, which caught the attention of 28 million viewers around the world, contributed to her popularity.
She was closely followed by 'Lincoln' director Steven Spielberg, who was in India recently. Spielberg earned 47 per cent votes to land the second position in the survey.
He was followed by fellow directors like Martin Scorsese, Ron Howard and George Lucas.
- Delhi Minister Satyendra Jain Alleges BJP Conspiracy Behind Income Tax Notice
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Pakistan Needs To Stop Terror From Its Soil: B'desh Envoy
- UN Should Consider Declaring Pakistan a Terror State: Bangladesh Envoy
- SAARC: After India, Afghanistan, Bhutan, Bangladesh Pull Out of Summit
- Resolve Differences Through Diplomacy: US to India, Pakistan