Oprah Winfrey voted as the most influential celebrity for 2013
Winfrey has topped the category even after her popular TV show 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' ended two years ago.
New York: Talk show queen Oprah Winfrey has been voted the most influential celebrity for 2013 by Forbes magazine.
Winfrey has topped the category even after her popular TV show "The Oprah Winfrey Show", which made her a household name, ended two years ago.
Though Winfrey's percentage is down by 1 per cent from last year, she managed to garner 48 per cent of the votes to top the chart.
Winfrey's big interview with disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong, which caught the attention of 28 million viewers around the world, contributed to her popularity.
She was closely followed by 'Lincoln' director Steven Spielberg, who was in India recently. Spielberg earned 47 per cent votes to land the second position in the survey.
He was followed by fellow directors like Martin Scorsese, Ron Howard and George Lucas.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- India A vs Australia: Shreyas Iyer Slams 202* As Match Ends in Draw