Oprah Winfrey's network to premiere Nelson Mandela biopic
The film, which stars Idris Elba and Naomie Harris, will be premiered on the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) in 2017.
Los Angeles: Chat show host Oprah Winfrey's channel has got the rights to premiere Nelson Mandela biopic "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom".
The film, starring Idris Elba and Naomie Harris, will be premiered on the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN) in 2017.
"We couldn't be more honoured to showcase this powerful film to the OWN viewers. Nelson Mandela was Oprah's hero, and ultimately, the inspiration behind Oprah's school in South Africa. His story of forgiveness and redemption is a gift not only to the people he touched, but to the world," contactmusic.com quoted OWN president Erik Logan as saying.
Nelson Mandela, the world's anti-apartheid icon and South Africa's first non-white president, died Dec 5, 2013. He was 95.
Recommended For You
- CBFC Refuses to Pass Lipstick Under My Burkha for Being 'Lady Oriented'
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology