DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Order on Kaverirajapuram Land Issue Upheld
CHENNAI: A divison bench of the Madras High Court has upheld the orders of a single judge refusing to direct the revenue authoriti..
CHENNAI: A divison bench of the Madras High Court has upheld the orders of a single judge refusing to direct the revenue authorities to issue pattas for certain controversial land in Kaverirajapuram in Tiruvallur district in favour of S Jayamma and 18 other villagers.
(The land in question relates to the land allegedely grabbed by Justice PD Dinakaran). Originally, Jayamma and others moved the Madras High Court with a batch of writ petitions for a direction to the revenue authorities to issue pattas in their favour in respect of the land in Kaverirajapuram.
Justice K Suguna on November 6, 2009, directed the authorities to consider the representations of the petitioners and pass appropriate orders in accordance with law. Till then status-quo should be maintained, the judge had said.
Soon after pronouncement of the order but before signing it, advocate R Vaigai made a mention to Justice Suguna on the same day. After hearing both the parties, the judge on Decemebr 7, 2009, reversed her earlier order and dismissed the petitions of the villagers.
Recommended For You
- Reason For Aleem Dar's New Look Revealed
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi