Original Batmobile to go up for auction
The iconic Batmobile used in the 1960s Batman television series is to go up for auction.
Los Angeles: The iconic Batmobile used in the 1960s Batman television series is to go up for auction. The midnight-black and fluorescent-red-pinstriped car that Adam West's Batman used to battle villains in Gotham will be up for grabs January 19 at Barrett-Jackson, the Los Angeles Times reported.
The customised 1955 Lincoln Futura comes complete with Plexiglas windows, the Bat-Ray and the much-loved Bat-O-Meter. Barrett-Jackson declined to reveal the minimum bid it will accept in the auction, but a spokesperson hinted that the car will likely fetch a high price. "Let's just say it's in the multi-millions. The car is true Americana. It's hard to put a dollar figure on something like that," Barrett-Jackson executive Craig Jackson said.
Batman, which starred Adam West and Burt Ward - ran for three seasons in the 1960s and also spawned a hit feature film. Warner Bros recently announced that it had acquired rights to sell merchandise from the series, thus ending a long-running legal dispute.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology