DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Original Batmobile to go up for auction
The iconic Batmobile used in the 1960s Batman television series is to go up for auction.
Los Angeles: The iconic Batmobile used in the 1960s Batman television series is to go up for auction. The midnight-black and fluorescent-red-pinstriped car that Adam West's Batman used to battle villains in Gotham will be up for grabs January 19 at Barrett-Jackson, the Los Angeles Times reported.
The customised 1955 Lincoln Futura comes complete with Plexiglas windows, the Bat-Ray and the much-loved Bat-O-Meter. Barrett-Jackson declined to reveal the minimum bid it will accept in the auction, but a spokesperson hinted that the car will likely fetch a high price. "Let's just say it's in the multi-millions. The car is true Americana. It's hard to put a dollar figure on something like that," Barrett-Jackson executive Craig Jackson said.
Batman, which starred Adam West and Burt Ward - ran for three seasons in the 1960s and also spawned a hit feature film. Warner Bros recently announced that it had acquired rights to sell merchandise from the series, thus ending a long-running legal dispute.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Bollywood Stars Join Sachin Tendulkar For A Billion Dreams Premiere