Original Batmobile to go up for auction
The iconic Batmobile used in the 1960s Batman television series is to go up for auction.
Los Angeles: The iconic Batmobile used in the 1960s Batman television series is to go up for auction. The midnight-black and fluorescent-red-pinstriped car that Adam West's Batman used to battle villains in Gotham will be up for grabs January 19 at Barrett-Jackson, the Los Angeles Times reported.
The customised 1955 Lincoln Futura comes complete with Plexiglas windows, the Bat-Ray and the much-loved Bat-O-Meter. Barrett-Jackson declined to reveal the minimum bid it will accept in the auction, but a spokesperson hinted that the car will likely fetch a high price. "Let's just say it's in the multi-millions. The car is true Americana. It's hard to put a dollar figure on something like that," Barrett-Jackson executive Craig Jackson said.
Batman, which starred Adam West and Burt Ward - ran for three seasons in the 1960s and also spawned a hit feature film. Warner Bros recently announced that it had acquired rights to sell merchandise from the series, thus ending a long-running legal dispute.
- Team India Arrives in Kolkata For Second Test
- Eden Track Will Not Turn Much, Says Sourav Ganguly
- Gautam Gambhir Returns to Test Squad After Two Years
- Rain Could Play Spoilsport in India-New Zealand Eden Test
- Pakistan Needs To Stop Terror From Its Soil: B'desh Envoy
- UN Should Consider Declaring Pakistan a Terror State: Bangladesh Envoy
- SAARC: After India, Afghanistan, Bhutan, Bangladesh Pull Out of Summit
- Resolve Differences Through Diplomacy: US to India, Pakistan