Orkut attacked by 'Bom Sabado' worm
In the second major XSS attack on a social networking service this week, Orkut was flooded with "Bom Sabado" scraps.
New Delhi: In the second major XSS (cross-site scripting) attack on a major social networking service this week, Google owned Orkut was flooded with "Bom Sabado" scraps.
The word "Bom Sabado" means "Good Saturday" in Portuguese, which is the also the official language of Brazil, one of the last remaining Orkut bastions in the world.
The worm seems to be posting scraps with the text "Bom Sabado" and also adding affected users to new Orkut groups. Such XSS attacks have targeted Orkut in the past too.
Experts have advised users to avoid logging on to Orkut till Orkut engineers fix the hole and also not to click on any suspicious links. Orkut had just last month announced new updates to the website.
Recommended For You
- Big Indian Comebacks In a Home Series In Last 20 Years
- #UnitedByHalf | News18 Talks to People About Gender Equality
- Gionee M2017 First Look: Check Out the Rs 1.66 Lakh Gionee Phone
- Watch: Anil, Arjun and Sonam Shake a Leg to My Name Is Lakhan at a Family Wedding
- David Warner Warns Bollywood After Watching Daughter Ivy Dance