DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Orphanage director held for raping minor girl
It is suspected that the alleged incident might have taken some three months back as claimed by the girl, police said.
Visakhapatnam: An orphanage director was on Sunday arrested for allegedly raping a 13-year-old girl inmate, police said. Swami Poornananda (52) was apprehended under section section 376 (punishment for rape) of the IPC after the victim lodged a complaint against him, they said.
The accused is head of the city-based Swami Gnananda Ashram which houses an orphanage and old-age home. He was picked up from the Ashram premises along with a woman, police said. It is suspected that the alleged incident might have taken some three months back as claimed by the girl, police said.
Meanwhile, members of a tribal students association thrashed the accused alleging that he had sexually assaulted other inmates of the shelter as well.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Andy Murray Struggles With Illness on French Open Eve: Reports
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Champions Trophy: No Room for Mistakes, Says Kane Williamson
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835