Orphanage director held for raping minor girl
It is suspected that the alleged incident might have taken some three months back as claimed by the girl, police said.
Visakhapatnam: An orphanage director was on Sunday arrested for allegedly raping a 13-year-old girl inmate, police said. Swami Poornananda (52) was apprehended under section section 376 (punishment for rape) of the IPC after the victim lodged a complaint against him, they said.
The accused is head of the city-based Swami Gnananda Ashram which houses an orphanage and old-age home. He was picked up from the Ashram premises along with a woman, police said. It is suspected that the alleged incident might have taken some three months back as claimed by the girl, police said.
Meanwhile, members of a tribal students association thrashed the accused alleging that he had sexually assaulted other inmates of the shelter as well.
- United Nations Should Declare Pakistan a Terror State: Bangladesh Envoy
- SAARC: After India, Afghanistan, Bhutan, Bangladesh Pull Out of Summit
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Resolve Differences Through Diplomacy: US to India, Pakistan
- Pakistan Can't Take India's Restraint Granted for Long: Wall Street
- Pakistan Approaches World Bank on Indus Waters Treaty Row With India
- Pakistan Approaches International Court of Justice Over Indus Waters Treaty
- Attempt to Block Islamabad's Share of Water "Act of War": Sartaj Aziz