'Osama's death will not affect US policy on Afghan'
The US would start withdrawing its troops from Afghanistan from July this year.
Washington: The White House on Tuesday said that the killing of Osama bin Laden will not have any impact on President Barack Obama's policy on Afghanistan and the US would start withdrawing its troops from the war-torn country on schedule from July this year.
"The administration is, of course, in the process of reviewing the situation on the ground in Afghanistan and the progress that we've made since the surge reached its full complement.
The President will look at the recommendations from his military commanders for the beginning of that transition in July and the pace of the drawdown," the White House Press Secretary Jay Carney told reporters at his daily news conference.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone