DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Oscar-nominated director killed in Libya
Hetherington was an award-winning photographer and director of the film, 'Restrepo'
Washington: Tim Hetherington, an award-winning photographer and Oscar-nominated documentary film director, has been killed in Libya while covering the conflict between government and rebel forces, media reports said.
Hetherington, a 41-year-old British national, was killed inside the rebel-held city of Misrata, Xinhua reported citing local media reports.
He was working there as a photographer for the American magazine Vanity Fair.
Hetherington co-directed the documentary film Restrepo that was nominated for the 2011 Academy Award for Best Documentary. The movie tells the story of a group of US soldiers stationed at an outpost in Afghanistan.
He also won the World Press Photo of the Year award for his coverage on American troops in Afghanistan.
Hetherington was born in Liverpool and studied at Oxford University.
Recommended For You
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- Why KJo is the Definition of Love, Friendship and Bold Decisions
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- It's Official: OnePlus 5 to Be India's First Phone With Qualcomm Snapdragon 835
- Should Have Been Picked to Play in IPL Final, Says Harbhajan Singh