DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Oscars voting to go electronic
Potential Oscar winners will now be a click away from winning a trophy.
Los Angeles: Potential Oscar winners will now be a click away from winning a trophy.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced on Wednesday that it has partnered with a company to develop an electronic voting system for next year's 85th annual Academy Awards.
The motion picture academy says it entered into an agreement with Everyone Counts Inc. to exclusively to work with longtime accountants PricewaterhouseCoopers to create the new system.
Oscar voting in the past has been compiled through paper ballots sent through the mail.
Ric Robertson, the Academy's chief operating officer, said in a statement that it's the first step the Academy is taking "toward developing a secure and convenient electronic voting system."
The 84th annual Academy Awards are set for February 26.
Recommended For You
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Rishabh Pant Adds New Mercedes to His Garage After IPL Heroics
- Qualcomm India Roadmap: More For Indian Smartphone Users