Out of wife's love, Pak man tears up passport
The Pakistani national tore up his passport to get off the flight after getting a phone call from his distressed wife.
Lahore: A Pakistani man tore up his passport in a bid to get off an Italy-bound flight after getting a phone call from his distressed wife who was upset about his decision to go abroad, officials said on Thursday.
Faisal Ali, a resident of Gujrat district of Punjab province, tore up the passport minutes before the Pakistan International Airlines flight was to take off from Lahore airport on Wednesday.
Ali got his boarding card and entered the plane. However, he disembarked minutes later and informed immigration authorities that he had lost his passport, officials said. When he was interrogated by officials, Ali revealed he had acted out of "love for his wife".
He told officials that his wife was "very upset" about his decision to go abroad. Ali said he decided not to travel after his wife telephoned him while he was in the plane and began crying.
"I decided to leave the aircraft after hearing my wife crying on the phone. I tore up my passport so that I can never even think of leaving my beloved wife," Ali was quoted as saying by an official. Authorities released Ali after recovering his torn passport.
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- Uran Terror Scare: Navi Mumbai Cops Call Off Search Operation
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18