Over 20 kg of Charas seized, one arrested
Inder Singh was arrested with 22.68 kg of Charas from a house in Ghotari village under Rajgarh sub division.
Nahan: Over 20 kg of Charas worth about Rs two crore in international market were seized from a proclaimed offender, police said on Friday. Inder Singh was arrested with 22.68 kg of Charas from a house in Ghotari village under Rajgarh sub division, deputy superintendent of police (Rajgarh) R L Bansal said.
Bansal said that Singh was earlier arrested by the Theog police of Shimla district in 2009 for committing offence punishable under Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (ND&PS) Act and was convicted by a court and lodged in the Kanda Jail of Shimla district.
He was released on parole for three weeks in March 2011, but he did not return to jail on expiry of parole and was declared proclaimed offender. A case against Singh under ND&PS Act has been registered and investigations are on, the DSP said.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: Centurion MS Dhoni Guides Jharkhand To Win
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017: Why The Sudden Criticism For La La Land Is Disappointing
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know