Over 4.85 lakh aspirants to sit for IIT-JEE
IIT-JEE will be held at 1,051 centres in 131 cities across the country on Sunday.
Kanpur: Over 4.85 aspirants will appear for IIT-JEE, to be held at 1,051 centres in 131 cities across the country on Sunday.
"A total of 4,85,262 candidates will fight it out for roughly 10,000 seats in 16 IITs and Indian School of Mines (ISM), Dhanbad," IIT-K director SG Dhande said.
This year IIT-K is the conducting body of the entrance test, the result of which will be out on May 25.
"Elaborate measures have been taken for conducting free and fair examinations," Dhande said, adding that the aspirants should reach their examination centre well in time and those reaching late by 30 minutes or more will not be allowed to appear for the test.
Last year around 4.55 lakh students appeared for IIT-JEE.
After the results are declared, scanned images of optical response sheet (answer scripts) with the candidates' details will be displayed on JEE website, Dhande said.
"The move has been taken ensure transparency and enable students to have a proper assessment of themselves by identifying their area of weakness and the areas they need to focus attention," he said.
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- Hockey: India's Top Five Victories Over Pakistan
- Bigg Boss 9 Contestants Rochelle and Keith Are Spending Some Quality Time In Thailand
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics
- Samajwadi Party's Old Guard May Need Akhilesh's 'Youth Appeal' in 2017 Polls
- Samajwadi Party Rift: Mulayam Backs Amar, Shivpal; Meet Ends in Acrimony
- Samajwadi Party: From Clear Majority in 2012 to Total Chaos Now
- I Want To Be My Best For My Daughter: Shahid Kapoor