Overnight rains cool Delhi, MeT dept says expect more
The moderate rain that started on Friday night continued on Saturday morning accompanied by cold winds.
New Delhi: Overnight rains added to the winter chill in the capital on Saturday morning. Though the minimum temperature rose three notches above normal at 13.7 degrees Celsius, cold winds accompanied by rain maintained the chill in the air.
A rainfall of 15.4 mm was recorded in Delhi till 8.30 AM, an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official said. The moderate rain that started on Friday night continued on Saturday morning accompanied by cold winds, he said.
The MeT office forecasts rain and thunderstorm in the day at some places, he said. "The skies will be cloudy through the day. Thundershowers accompanied by hail could occur in some areas," the official said.
The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 23 degrees Celsius, he said. The Met department has predicted light rain for Sunday, he added.
- Key Moments From Lata Mangeshkar's Life You May Have Missed
- Lata Mangeshkar Has A Special Message For Her Fans In Pakistan
- Lisa Haydon Just Announced Her Marriage to Boyfriend Dino Lalvani
- Lata Mangeshkar Requests Fans to Donate for Soldiers on Her Birthday
- Pakistan Can't Take India's Restraint Granted for Long: Wall Street
- SAARC: After India, Afghanistan, Bhutan, Bangladesh Pull Out of Summit
- Resolve Differences Through Diplomacy: US to India, Pakistan
- Watch: The News That Wasn't With Cyrus Broacha