Overnight rains cool Delhi, MeT dept says expect more
The moderate rain that started on Friday night continued on Saturday morning accompanied by cold winds.
New Delhi: Overnight rains added to the winter chill in the capital on Saturday morning. Though the minimum temperature rose three notches above normal at 13.7 degrees Celsius, cold winds accompanied by rain maintained the chill in the air.
A rainfall of 15.4 mm was recorded in Delhi till 8.30 AM, an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official said. The moderate rain that started on Friday night continued on Saturday morning accompanied by cold winds, he said.
The MeT office forecasts rain and thunderstorm in the day at some places, he said. "The skies will be cloudy through the day. Thundershowers accompanied by hail could occur in some areas," the official said.
The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 23 degrees Celsius, he said. The Met department has predicted light rain for Sunday, he added.
- Abhishek Kapoor Was, Is And Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar
- My Character in Rock On 2 Goes Through an Internal Conflict: Farhan Akhtar
- 'Rock On!!' Was Shraddha Kapoor's Favourite Film During Her Growing Up Years
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 8: Celebrities Get Malik Status, Indiawale Fight Among Themselves
- Bigg Boss 10: Priyanka Jagga Is The First Contestant to Get Eliminated This Season
- Bigg Boss 9 Contestants Rochelle and Keith Are Spending Some Quality Time In Thailand
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 6: Salman Khan Loves Lokesh's Funny Antics