Overnight rains cool Delhi, MeT dept says expect more
The moderate rain that started on Friday night continued on Saturday morning accompanied by cold winds.
New Delhi: Overnight rains added to the winter chill in the capital on Saturday morning. Though the minimum temperature rose three notches above normal at 13.7 degrees Celsius, cold winds accompanied by rain maintained the chill in the air.
A rainfall of 15.4 mm was recorded in Delhi till 8.30 AM, an India Meteorological Department (IMD) official said. The moderate rain that started on Friday night continued on Saturday morning accompanied by cold winds, he said.
The MeT office forecasts rain and thunderstorm in the day at some places, he said. "The skies will be cloudy through the day. Thundershowers accompanied by hail could occur in some areas," the official said.
The maximum temperature is expected to hover around 23 degrees Celsius, he said. The Met department has predicted light rain for Sunday, he added.
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Movie Review: Must Watch for its Brilliant Execution
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- US has Now Very Little Influence on Pakistanâs Nuclear Policy: Hoodbhoy
- Adnan Sami Responds To Haters After He Was Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes
- Pakistan vs West Indies Live Score: 1st ODI, Sharjah
- Hillary Fears Emergence of Nuclear Suicide Bombers from Pakistan