DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Overwhelmed by public response to 'Mardaani', Rani Mukerji feels the film has hit the right chord
Actress Rani Mukerji is overwhelmed with the response to her film 'Mardaani'.
Mumbai: Actress Rani Mukerji is overwhelmed with the response to her film "Mardaani". She says the film about women's empowerment has succeeded in raising awareness as was intended to.
"I am very, very happy. There has been an overwhelming response," the 36-year-old said here Saturday at the inauguration of defense workshops for municipal schoolgirls.
"Across the globe people have given it a standing ovation, they are clapping. I think it has hit the right chord with everyone irrespective of the gender.
"The fact that we have tried to raise an awareness has been conquered. As team 'Mardaani' I am very grateful and hoping that in the coming days we would get to hear many more things," she added.
Directed by Pradeep Sarkar, "Mardaani" stars Rani as police officer Shivaji Roy, who fights the girl trafficking mafia.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO