Overwhelmed by public response to 'Mardaani', Rani Mukerji feels the film has hit the right chord
Actress Rani Mukerji is overwhelmed with the response to her film 'Mardaani'.
Mumbai: Actress Rani Mukerji is overwhelmed with the response to her film "Mardaani". She says the film about women's empowerment has succeeded in raising awareness as was intended to.
"I am very, very happy. There has been an overwhelming response," the 36-year-old said here Saturday at the inauguration of defense workshops for municipal schoolgirls.
"Across the globe people have given it a standing ovation, they are clapping. I think it has hit the right chord with everyone irrespective of the gender.
"The fact that we have tried to raise an awareness has been conquered. As team 'Mardaani' I am very grateful and hoping that in the coming days we would get to hear many more things," she added.
Directed by Pradeep Sarkar, "Mardaani" stars Rani as police officer Shivaji Roy, who fights the girl trafficking mafia.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Iran's 'The Salesman' Wins Oscar As Farhadi Boycotts Ceremony
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- Oscars 2017 Red Carpet: Priyanka, Nicole, Emma Are Here To Turn Around The Fashion Game
- Zlatan Powers Manchester United to League Cup Glory