Overwhelmed by public response to 'Mardaani', Rani Mukerji feels the film has hit the right chord
Actress Rani Mukerji is overwhelmed with the response to her film 'Mardaani'.
Mumbai: Actress Rani Mukerji is overwhelmed with the response to her film "Mardaani". She says the film about women's empowerment has succeeded in raising awareness as was intended to.
"I am very, very happy. There has been an overwhelming response," the 36-year-old said here Saturday at the inauguration of defense workshops for municipal schoolgirls.
"Across the globe people have given it a standing ovation, they are clapping. I think it has hit the right chord with everyone irrespective of the gender.
"The fact that we have tried to raise an awareness has been conquered. As team 'Mardaani' I am very grateful and hoping that in the coming days we would get to hear many more things," she added.
Directed by Pradeep Sarkar, "Mardaani" stars Rani as police officer Shivaji Roy, who fights the girl trafficking mafia.
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- Not Approached for 'Comedy Nights Bachao': Hrithik Roshan
- Krushna Abhishek Wants Healthy Competition With Kapil Sharma
- Dear Krushna Abhishek, why are you sticking to Kapil Sharma's brand of humour we want to get rid of?
- After Cross-LoC Strikes, Indian High Commissioner Summoned By Pakistan
- 'Silly' Sam Allardyce Says Error of Judgment Led to Shock Exit
- Sam Allardyce Exit Leaves England a Laughing Stock Yet Again
- 'Deeply Disappointed' Sam Allardyce Resigns as England Manager
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Nitish Kumar congratulates PM Modi, Indian Army for surgical strike across LoC - Pradesh18