Owaisi says hate-speech CD doctored, sent to judicial custody
Owaisi was arrested for a hate speech made in December 2012 and the MIM leader has now said that the recording of that speech is that of someone else.
Adilabad: MIM legislator Akbaruddin Owaisi on Wednesday denied that it was his voice in the hate speech CD, sources said. Owaisi was arrested for a hate speech made in December 2012 and the MIM leader has now said that the recording of that speech is that of someone else. The police has asked for the court's permission to get his voice sample.
Owaisi, who was arrested for his alleged hate speech, was on Wednesday sent back in judicial custody, one day before the completion of his five-day police custody. A local court at Nirmal town in Adilabad District had earlier granted five-day custodial interrogation of Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) MLA Owaisi from January 12 to 16 and he was to be produced in the court on Thursday.
But a day before completion of five-day police custody period, Owaisi was produced before the magistrate in wee hours on Wednesday at Nirmal, about 80 kms from Adilabad, and sent back to
Adilabad district jail. He will be in judicial custody till January 22, police said. However, police were apparently not happy with the outcome of the interrogation.
"Owaisi did not cooperate during custodial interrogation and same was informed to the court," a senior police official said, adding that "we have recorded his statement."
With Additional Inputs from PTI
- Despite Mulayam's Peace Efforts, Rift Widens Between Akhilesh, Shivpal
- Feud Won't Affect Muslim Votes, Says SP's Azam Khan, Analysts Not So Sure
- Samajwadi Party Youth Wing Torches Effigy of Amar Singh
- SP's Abu Azmi Lashes Out at Amar Singh, Blames him For Crisis in Party
- Despite Bleak Electoral Map, Donald Trump Says, 'We Are Winning'
- Triple Talaq a Religious Issue, PM Has No Right to Intervene: AIMPLB's Jilani
- Trump Calls Clinton 'Nasty Woman'; Voters Rally Behind her
- People Celebrated Choti Diwali After Surgical Strikes, says PM Modi